WHAT TO WEAR?
1. Dress in something that you feel comfortable and confident in. You want your personality to shine in the photos, so pick an outfit that reflects your style.
2. Avoid wearing busy patterns or graphics, as they can be distracting in photos.
3. Consider adding a pop of color to make you stand out in the photos. As a general rule of thumb, stay away from bright neon, they tend to reflect on your skin and distract from your face! Solids are always in style.
4. If you’re going for a more formal look, try a dress or skirt with a blouse or sweater. If it is a windy day, please try to avoid a flowy dress.
5. Make sure to wear something that fits you well and won‘t be too tight, so you can sit comfortably. Try sitting on the floor and stairs before the session.
6. Don’t forget accessories like jewelry, scarves, jean jacket, and hats to add texture and interest to your photos.
7. Wear shoes that won’t sink into the grass or dirt so you can easily move around during your session. Make sure they are comfortable.
8. Bring a backup outfit or extra top in case you don’t feel great in your first choice.
9. Iron the gown and stole, they come in a plastic bag and when you take them out, they have the fold lines marked.
WHAT TO BRING?
1. Of course, your extra outfits.
2. Props – Items that are meaningful to you and reflect your personality (e.g. musical instruments, hobby items, books, etc.)
3. Makeup and Hair – Bring any makeup or hair products you plan to use for your session
4. Extra shoes if needed, or sandals in case you are not used to high heels we need to walk a little.
5. Accessories – Hats, jewelry, scarves, letterman, jean jacket, etc.
6. A Water Bottle – To stay hydrated during your session
7. A Reflection of Yourself – Bring something that reflects your personality and sets you apart from the rest. (e.g. a meaningful item, an item that reflects your culture, etc.)
8. A picture of when you graduated from kindergarten or something similar if you want to include it.
9. Medals, awards
10. Cap, gown, and stole (ironed)
11. A big tote to have everything handy.
12. Please prepare everything the day before.
13. A Positive Attitude – Be ready to have fun and be yourself!
1. Make sure your teeth are clean before the session. Please do not eat Cheetos before starting the session.
2. Use moisturizing skin cream and balm on your lips so they don’t look dull (boys too)
3. Boys: Please arrive freshly shaved.
4. Arrive on time: Make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled session. This will give us time to get to know each other and discuss any questions you may have.
5. Have fun: Remember to relax and have fun during your session! We want your photos to reflect your true personality, so don’t be afraid to let loose and be yourself. If you have poses you want to try, please send them to me before the session, I am always open to ideas.
HAIR AND MAKEUP
About makeup, try not to use too much highlighter as with a little sweat or studio lights it tends to be very reflective. It may not look as pretty.
If you need a Hair and Makeup artist here are some contacts:
Enchanted by Lolly